Looking for fun? Houston is full of things to enjoy and can bring fun to the whole family. Kids especially can enjoy attractions like Kids Museum, get an out-of-this-world experience at Space Center Houston, and visit theme parks like Waterworld, Six Flags, and Splash Town. Work or play, this tropical destination is ideal for families and groups alike. Just a short hour’s drive from downtown is Galveston Beach-home to the exceptional themed attraction, Moody Gardens.
Houston is the perfect city for your next shopping destination
Inner Loop location
- Highland Village- Must shop area for home furnishings.
- Rice Village– Located near Rice University, the Rice Village is one of the best-loved shopping venues
- River Oaks Shopping Center– Look no further…this center is home to upscale shops and restaurants.
- The Shops at Houston Center– This Downtown Center features more than 60 shops and restaurants.
- Memorial City Mall– This renovated mall features an ice skating rink, department stores, and many more.
- Katy Mills– Located in Katy, Texas, this outlet mall/retailer/entertainment complex is a must-visit.
- First Colony Mall– A very popular shopping destination that includes more than 120 merchants
- Houston Galleria– Newly renovated, the Galleria includes an ice rink, restaurants, & hundreds of retailers.
- Uptown Park– European-style shopping, this area includes unique shops, spas, and restaurants
Houston Parks and Recreation
- Tee Time– The City of Houston offers more than 165 golf courses, including the Red Stone Club, home to Shell Houston Open.
- Hermann Park– One of the oldest parks of Houston, Hermann Park includes Miller Outdoor Theatre (home to Houston events and performances), Houston Museum of Natural Science, the Houston Zoo, and a golf course.
- Memorial Park– This popular and favorite local park includes a 3-mile loop for walkers & joggers, tennis, picnic areas, baseball fields, in-line skating trails, and many more.
- Buffalo Bayou Park- A popular place to canoe or kayak, this park features exercise trails and scenic spots for picnics.
You’ll find a variety of music, theater, dance, and more every day of the week.
- Houston Symphony– One of the oldest performing arts organizations of Texas, memorable performances are made here.
- Broadway In Houston – Broadway in Houston delivers a mix of blockbuster performances.
- Alley Theatre– Plays offer families good thrills through plot twists, suspense, and unexpected revelations.
- Houston Grand Opera– Founded in 1955, their history and performances are award-winning.
- Theatre Under the Stars– The largest nonprofit producer in the nation, is home to new musicals and many more.
- Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion- This Woodlands, Texas venue has one of the world’s greatest entertainment experiences.
- Houston Ballet– A top-tier troupe with an international reputation.
Annual Houston Events
- Houston Hot Sauce Festival: September 17 & 18
- Houston Texans Football: September 1- December 31
- Texas Renaissance Festival: October 4- November 16
- International Quilt Festival: October 27- 30
- Holiday Lights in Hermann Park: November 26- December 26
- Chevron Houston Marathon: January 14
- Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo: February 27-March 18
- Bayou City Art Festival: March 23-25
- Houston International Festival: April
Annual Houston Events
- January: Houston Marathon
- February: Mardi Gras Galveston; Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo
- March: River Oaks Garden Club’s Azalea Trail
- April: Houston International Festival
- May: Art Car Weekend
- July: Houston Shakespeare Festival
- August: Re/MAX Ballunar Liftoff Festival
- October: Texian Market Days
- November: Washington Mutual Thanksgiving Day Parade
- December: Candlelight Tours; Dickens on The Strand- Galveston Texas
Houston Professional Sports Teams
- Houston Rockets tickets – Men’s National Basketball Association
- Houston Comets tickets- Women’s National Basketball Association
- Houston Texans tickets- National Football League
- Houston Astros tickets- Major League Baseball
- Houston Aeros tickets- American Hockey League
Other Sports Attractions
- Westside Tennis Club tickets- U.S. Clay Court Championship
- University of Houston Cougars- College Football
- Rice University Owls – College Football, Baseball, and Basketball